Tips on Taking care of your Lycra Leggings
It is important that you take care of your lycra leggings. They are handmade with love and need to be taken care of with love. Spandex—also known by the brand name Lycra—puts the stretch in workout wear. The synthetic fabric can expand to nearly 600 percent of its size, offers an unrestricted range of motion, and then snaps back in place. Spandex is also breathable, wicks moisture, and dries quickly.
Here are a few guidelines on how to look after your Pins to Kill product so you can get the most wear out of them.
- Use scissors to remove your tags so you don’t tear the fabric.
- Please wash your pins in a cold hand wash. This maintains the elasticity in the fabric. Machine washing is slightly too rough for stretch fabric. Allow to soak for 15-20mins and then gently handwash.
- Chemicals and bleaches can spoil the colour and quality of the leggings. Therefore, use liquid detergent only.
- Avoid ironing.
- Please leave to dry in the shade and drying flat is recommended.
- Don’t spray your leggings with harsh chemicals or perfumes.
- Please make sure you order the correct size according to our sizing chart to reduce wear and tear. If your in-between sizes, we recommend to go a size up to avoid over stretching your pair.
- The correct way to put your leggings on is to gather each leg around the ankle. Smooth them gently up your leg with no jerking. Work from the front to the back of your leg. Remove them with the same care.
- When wearing your leggings avoid anything abrasive such as bracelets that may pull at the fabric.
- Enjoy and send us some pics of the fun things you do in your Pins to Kill. Remember to #pinstokill
For vibrant lycra leggings, enquire within.