INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @tam_rapp247
1. Your Bio
Tamara Rapp. Better known as Tam.
Born and raised in Honolulu Hawaii but currently residing in Los Angeles California.
I started dancing and gymnastics when I was about 5 years old. When I was 15 I decided I wanted to turn my passion for dance into my career. Since then I have been on TV shows, music videos, live award shows, and have been teaching dance workshops everywhere I go. I wish to learn and share as much about dance as possible.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
My dream is to inspire.
4. What is your fondest memory growing up?
It's actually a reoccurring dream I used to have. It starts off with me walking into a house on the beach. I could tell it was on a beach because of the smell of the ocean and the sand on the hardwood floors. I would walk into the living room and see my dad on the couch. He would call me over and I would sit next to him as he holds me. In this moment I felt safest and I was filled with incredible amounts of joy. I would always wake up happy after that dream.
5. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
Well I try to take risks everyday. I love hiking, swimming, heights. Anything that gives me a thrill really. I've went cliff diving back home in Hawaii and that was super fun. But I'd have to say the most adventurous thing I've done is jump on the next train which happened to go to San Fransisco just because I was bored. I ended up making some new friends and having an amazing time dancing and exploring.
6. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Go to India!
2. Sky dive
3. Save a life
7. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
I have been turned down multiple times before I got on to America's best dance crew. I was told I wouldn't make it as a dancer. I was cut at many auditions but I learned that you can't let people get you down. There will always be people trying to kick you down and tell you that you aren't good enough. But I learned that you have to trust and believe in yourself and your dreams. The harder you work the more you will get out of It. Never ever give up!!!!!!
8. Who inspires you?
I think my old director and my dance studio back home is my biggest inspiration. In dance and in life. He has taught me everything I know about dance and he has been like a second father to me. Without him and his creative mind, I would definitely not be the person I am today.
9. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
Nightmare before Christmas
10. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
I would take another person 😂😂😂 I couldn't be alone. I'd go crazy.
11. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. I'd say to always train and learn. There is always more to learn.
2. To create without boundaries. People will always tell you want is wrong and right but you have to go with your gut.
3. Listen to your heart when it comes to your craft. And again... Never EVER give up!