INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @sydneybrown_xo
1. Your Bio
I started gymnastics when I was 1 and a half years old and fell in love with it. I switched to power tumbling when I was 15 and competed nationally and internationally for Team Canada.
Former Cirque Du Soleil & Franco Dragone artist. I currently perform in shows onboard Royal Caribbean cruise ships and get to do what I love and travel the world.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
4. Easy going
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
Be on Ellen and master a one arm handstand ;)
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
"Never let your fear decide your fate"
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
I have so many great memories growing up. Everything from family vacations, learning new skills in the gym and sleepovers with my best friends.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
I don't know where to begin... 50 metre canyon jump, living in Macau, China for 8 months, scuba dividing with sharks, skydiving... My life is an adventure and I love it!
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Step on all 7 continents. I've done 5 so far!
2. Be in the best shape of my life.
3. Travel to all the places on my list :)
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
Every single skill I have ever learned. In gymnastics you're going to fall several times. Some skills take a lot longer to learn than others but I've learned that nothing is impossible ;)
9. Who inspires you?
Shawn Johnson, Alicia Sacramone, Sophia Lucia
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
I'm not big into reading but I like movies based on true stories.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
My best friend. We would turn it into the best adventure.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Put a demo video together of everything you can do. Try not to make the video longer than 5 minutes. Submit it through email with a resume and headshot or bring it with you to an audition.
2. It takes time! Just because you are rejected once, twice, three times doesn't mean it will never happen!
3. Every opportunity to learn something new. If you have the opportunity to learn dance, tumbling, aerial, stunting etc .. do it! A company could be looking for someone who has experience in a specific skill set and some would be willing to teach harder tricks if you at least have the basics.