INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @LindsayLithePole
1. Your Bio
I discovered pole dancing while I was in college and after one class pole became my entire life. I have been pole dancing for two years but I am so in love with it that I try and find time to train everyday. I love teaching and meeting new people; I love growing and progressing. I live in Denver with my two kitties and soon my pole dancer fiancee, and I hope to someday travel the world teaching and performing and meeting everyone I can.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
It is my greatest dream to never stop growing and progressing in my pole career. I dream of traveling the world to teach and train and perform. I hope to meet as many people as I can and share information and moments together. I hope to compete in international competitions and never stop pushing myself.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“You get what you work for.”
I’m not sure if I just said it one day, if I heard it somewhere, or what, but it always comes into my mind when I need motivation.
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
Spending time with both of my sisters - my angels Mallory and Elaine.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
I would say, traveling alone to different countries to meet pole dancers and train with them! So far Brazil and the UK.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Compete internationally
2. See the Palace of Versailles in Paris
3. See the Aurora Borealis/Northern Lights
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
I fail daily at pole. Every day I do something that I could have done better, and each time I learn from it how to be more focused, how to use my body, and how to think positively to succeed in the future. It takes hard work and I know that some things are going to be more difficult than others.
9. Who inspires you?
I have an enormous amount of hard-working pole idols that inspire me. Some of my top idols are Sarah Scott, Hanka Vanselaar, Anna-Maija, and Cleo the Hurricane. I am also inspired by my love, Carlos Franca, for how hard he has worked to get where he is and how beautiful of a pole dancer he is. I am also inspired by all pole dancers in the world. Seeing how hard these dancers work to stretch, train, push themselves - it’s unbelievable
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
Embarrassing! My favorite book is Twilight! hahaha. I have never see, nor will I ever see, the movies, but that love story touched me like none other has before. My favorite movie would be Romeo and Juliet, and The Fountain with Hugh Jackman.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
My guy Carlos! Does that count?! hahaha! He would still make me happy.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Keep pushing through the frustrating moments! It gets easier and you come to appreciate your achievements more!
2. Take advantage of classes and instructors and private lessons. They will boost you to an extra level that will allow you to succeed quickly and safely!
3) Idolise, but don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on your goals and your journey - don’t focus on how others got to where they are, just use them as motivation to keep pushing yourself :)
There is nothing like pole! Everyday I achieve something new. I learn something new about myself. I make myself proud. I challenge and work hard and the results are amazing. There is always more to push yourself to do and to learn. I had no idea I was capable of the things I am now and I am in love with it. I never want to stop improving. The pole community itself is full of amazingly kind and supportive and talented people I am so grateful to know. The feeling of being able to express yourself with movement, do cool and amazing things, make yourself proud and stay fit and healthy is such an awesome reward. I really think I found the key to a happy life!