INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @johannadances
1. Your Bio
I'm Icelandic-American. I've been dancing as long as I can remember. Because of my training schedule, I am a homeschooled High School student. I'm fortunate to have trained at great schools with great teachers, most recently, San Francisco Ballet School, School of American Ballet, and Lise la Cour (of the Royal Danish Ballet).
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
To become a professional ballet dancer.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
Getting my first pair of pointe shoes.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
Swimming in an ice cold lake in Iceland.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Live in New York
2. Visit Australia
3. Visit Russia
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
I forgot my dance at a competition once, but I kept going and just improvised, then I remembered the dance again and finished. I learned that if you keep dancing, that's all that matters, because the judges and audience don't know your choreography.
9. Who inspires you?
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
Michaela DePrince, Taking Flight.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
My family (if that counts as one thing). I can't imagine life without them.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Don't give up
2. Love what you're doing
3. Give it your all