Greenville, United States
INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @haleymiller17
1. Your Bio
Ever since I was a little girl I have been in love with cheerleading. Before I was allowed to join a team, my sister would turn our couch cushions into a tumbling track and give me lessons for hours!! I have been cheering for 9 years and hope to cheer for Clemson University next year.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
Fun-loving, hardworking, adventurous, humble, reliable.
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
My dream would be to live on a tropical island with my own boutique.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“Just keep moving forward and don't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” –Johnny Depp
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
My fondest memory growing up would be when I got my dog Rusty. He was my best friend for the next twelve years.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
When I was fifteen, I traveled to Sweden to teach a cheerleading camp. It was my first time ever leaving the country and the first time ever going on a trip without my parents.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
Learn how to surf, travel to every state in the country, get an internship in New York.
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
Worlds is the biggest competition of the season. Every year I have been to worlds I have placed top 5. Last year was my senior year and I was on a team with more talent then any other team I had competed with. All we had to do was hit our routine and we would be one of the top contenders. Our day one performance was the worst performance of the season and prevented us from making day two. Our team never questioned if we would make day two, we just assumed we would. I learned not to take things for granted. If my team wouldn’t have taken day one for granted, there might’ve been a happier outcome.
9. Who inspires you?
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
My favorite movie is Monsters Inc.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
Well my flamingo pins to kill leggings, of course.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
• If you are not passionate about it, it will be hard to put in the work necessary.
• Make sure you are willing to sacrifice a lot of time, and are able to balance it with the rest of your life.
• Be coachable.