INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @scolerina9247
1. Your Bio
I started ballet to help my figure skating and quickly fell in love with it. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at 13 and wore a Wood-Cheneau-Rigo brace for 3 years. I am now 17 and am currently training at Pacific Northwest Ballet in their Professional Division.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
Creative, humorous, kind, entertaining, friendly.
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
I hope to dance professionally and pursue a career on the side in photography!
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“Only in the darkness can you see the stars.”
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
I have been to the Galapagos Islands and swam with sharks.
6. Who inspires you?
My peers inspire me—they show what is possible at such young ages and it is extremely motivational.
7. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
I love Laurie Halse Anderson as an author and my favorite movie would be The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
8. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
A camera –I love being alone with my camera and if I were stuck on an island I could explore everything to do with photography!
9. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Make every class count.
2. Don’t expect it all to happen naturally, work for it.
3. Make sure that you really love what you are doing. If you do, it will show and will make your dancing that much better.
Photography by Jade Butler