INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @erin.noelle1
1. Your Bio
I am a Neuro critical care nurse, passionate about helping and serving others. I spend my free time playing in the mountains and photographing their beauty. I find fulfillment in encouraging others to get outdoors and follow their dreams. I have a variety of hobbies and enjoy connecting with other like-minded outdoor enthusiasts in the pursuit of adventure.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
I hope to encourage, uplift and inspire other women to get outdoors and rise above personal hardships. I would love to pursue mountain search and rescue and am working on my mountaineering resume. I hope to travel the world, climb peaks, ski down mountains, make memories with family and friends and God willing, find an adventurous guy to spend the rest of my life with!
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“There is an inner beauty about a woman who believes in herself. Who knows she’s capable of anything she puts her mind to. There’s a beauty in the strength and determination of a woman who follows her own path. Who isn’t thrown off by obstacles along the way. There’s a beauty about a woman whose confidence comes from experiences. Who knows she can fall, pick herself up, and go on.”
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
My fondest memory growing up was going on family vacations hiking and camping at National Parks every summer. My favorites were Glacier National Park in Montana and Denali in Alaska. This started my love affair with the mountains, adventure and exploring the outdoors.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
Some of the most adventurous things I’ve done include climbing two volcanoes, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams, and skied down this year. I also backpacked over 118 miles in two weeks in New Zealand and bungee jumped in Queenstown off a bridge during a trip for my birthday.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Paddleboard or kayak with Orca whales
2. Climb all 5 volcanoes in Washington state and ski down
3. Learn to kiteboard
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
I actually failed out of nursing school but learned to never give up on my dreams and to try again until I succeed.
9. Who inspires you?
My Dad inspired me to be a nurse, my Mom inspires me to be a strong, independent woman and my sister inspires me to believe in myself and live a life of adventures. Many of my lady friends have inspired me by their stories of triumphing over hardships and growing from them into strong women who live out their dreams.
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
My favorite book series is the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers – historical Christian fiction series.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
I think I would bring a family photo as a reminder of hope and love. It may give me the motivation needed to be resourceful and survive in that setting.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Never give up on achieving your dreams.
2. Life is precious. Never take it for granted.
3. Be compassionate about others but realise you can’t save everyone. Try to find your passion outside of work as a healthy balance to your work passion.
Photography by Mitch Pittman.