INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @roundtheworldgirl
1. Your Bio
I’m just a curious girl with a deep love for the mountains. Experiencing the sweet simplicity of life in the wilderness is where my heart sings the most.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
I hope to be able to complete my Commercial Helicopter rating.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
“We were not pioneers ourselves, but we journeyed over old trails that were new to us, and with hearts open. Who shall distinguish?”
― J. Monroe Thorington
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
I grew up on an old dude ranch tucked away in the mountains of Wyoming. As there are so few people in the state of Wyoming, there are no major cities to create light pollution. I loved stepping outside our home as a small child and staring up at the most incredible night skies. I’ve still never seen so many stars.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
My boyfriend and I sailed an old 1930’s schooner in the Caribbean for 2.5 months.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
I don’t really have a bucket list, but I suppose traveling more and experiencing the beauty of the natural world in new places is always on my list!
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
I failed at starting a career in what I got my degree in. I really learned how absurd the process of having young teens decide what they want to do for the rest of their lives at their delicate age and level of life experience is.
9. Who inspires you?
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
“Lord of the Rings,” both the books and the movies. I also love Edward Abbey’s “The Monkeywrench Gang” and “Hayduke Lives.”
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
A water desalinization device! For obvious reasons :P
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. You are capable of more than you think.
2. Don’t be afraid to be alone or do it alone.
3. Ask. The worst thing that can happen is that the answer is “no” and nothing changes.