INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT: @ballerinaali
1. Your Bio
When I was really young, my parents put me in ballet class to improve my fine motor skills. It became my passion, and I moved to a ballet school that focused on Cecchetti and Royal Academy of Dance training to improve my technique. After spending several years at this studio, I decided to move to Charlotte Ballet Academy (the school affiliated with Charlotte Ballet) to grow as a dancer. I go to regular school during the day, so I have to work really hard to balance all of my classes/rehearsals, studying, and homework. Throughout my years of dancing I have had the opportunity to train with American Ballet Theatre, Houston Ballet, and the Rock School for Dance Education, as well as perform in several professional productions.
2. What 5 words explain you the best?
6. Hard working
3. What dreams do you have for the future?
My ultimate dream is to join a professional ballet company.
4. Do you have a favourite quote?
"The brick walls aren't there to keep us out; they are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something" -Randy Pausch
5. What is your fondest memory growing up?
My fondest memory was probably when I went to Puerto Rico for a dance festival! Taking classes and performing with teachers and students from places like the Dominican Republic was an amazing experience that I'll never forget.
6. What is the most adventurous thing you can say that you have done?
The most adventurous thing I've ever done was probably going on a week long safari in Tanzania.
7. What are the top 3 things to do on your bucket list?
1. Joining a professional ballet company
2. Traveling all across Europe
3. Contributing in some way to the research of RSD
8. What have you failed at before and what did you learn from this.
For a long time, I have struggled with self confidence, and it has shown in my dancing. I am learning now to approach every class as a way to learn and grow instead of a place where I compare myself to others.
9. Who inspires you?
10. Do you have a favourite book or movie?
I know this sounds a little cheesy, but my favorite series has always been The Royal Ballet School Diaries by Alexandra Moss.
11. If you had to live on a deserted island and you could only take one thing, what would you take and why?
I would take a family photo album so I can always remember all of the fun things we did together.
12. What 3 pieces of advice would you give for others who want to get into your field or industry?
1. Try not to compare yourself to others, everyone is good at different things.
2. Find something you love about dance during every class.
3. Don't be afraid to take risks, you might make the best decisions of your life by taking a risk.